- 1500 square foot laboratory for gas chromatography and mass spectrometry.
- Four Agilent gas chromatographs for gas analysis.
- Thermo Finnegan MAT 253 Stable Isotope Mass Spectrometer with dual inlet, microvolume inlet, CNOS collector array, and collectors for “clumped isotope” measurements of CO2and O2.
- SARA cavity enhanced laser spectrometer for continuous measurements of methane and nitrous oxide and Picarro CRDS laser spectrometer for methane, carbon dioxide, carbon monoxide, and water vapor.
- Four vacuum lines for gas extraction for methane, carbon dioxide, and nitrous oxide concentrations and isotopic ratios in carbon dioxide and nitrous oxide.
- Needle crusher and large volume “cheese grater” for CO2 analysis.
- Gas extraction and drying system for continuous methane analysis, continuous melter for ice cores.
- Field methane analysis system including Shimadzu GC 14, and field deployable gas extraction system.
- 200 square foot -25C walk-in freezer.
- 40-foot ice storage container maintained at -25C
Melter/gas extraction system for continuous analysis of gases in ice coresNumerous other shared analytical facilities in OSU CEOAS